Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

I am hard on my mats, but my Black Mat PRO® stands up to my practice. I always say that if Manduka mats weren't so eco-friendly, if the earth came to an end, my Black Mat® would still be going strong.

-Sarah Ezrin
Santa Monica, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

David Kim

David Kim

Los Angeles, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: No matter where I practice yoga, my Manduka tells me I've arrived. Simply the best.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice acceptance and compassion.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: YogaWorks

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

DAVID KIM first embraced yoga to counterbalance his work as a writer/editor, and eventually, as a way to navigate all of life’s unpredictable turns. A Brown University graduate, David teaches thoughtful, challenging vinyasa flow classes that employ creative sequencing, innovative music, and dynamic breathwork to focus and calm the mind, while waking up dormant energy. Graced by the mentorship of Annie Carpenter and Lisa Walford, David completed YogaWorks's 500-hour training program, and additional trainings with Ana Forrest and Shiva Rea. He also studied with Ashtanga founder Sri K. Pattabhi Jois during Jois’s 2005 American tour, and with the Iyengar family in Pune, India, for one month. A passionate world traveler, David treats every yoga practice as an exploration, culminating with profound gratitude for the family, friends, teachers, and students, who inspire him every day.