blog

December 31st, 2013

What Is Your 2014 “Matifesto”?

Hello to 2014 and 365 wide open, brand new possibilities – a fresh start we can make into whatever we want. We’re setting a New Year’s intention to help us put old lessons into new action, and there is no better place to let an intention come to life than on your yoga mat.

So today we ask you to make a matifesto for 2014 – the declaration you can take to your mat and let guide you through the year. What do you want to manifest in your life? To trust more? Find courage? Be a present parent? We want to support you. So declare it right now. Write it down in permanent ink. Then say it out loud every day. Because this is the year to take your mission into your practice and off the mat. It’s time for all of us to Live what MATters.

All this month, we’re collecting your matifestos here, or on Twitter or Instagram with tag #matifesto. Tell us in a few words or in a photo, and your Manduka is right here to support you.

50 yogis who share their matifesto will receive a hand towel from the new yogitoes We Are One collection that’s launching next week! With your permission, we might also publish your story at Manduka.com, on Facebook or through our media partners.

So get those matifestos flowing, you’ve got yourself (and potentially millions of people) to inspire. We’re here if you have any questions.

Happy New Year,
Manduka

What is your 2014 “Matifesto”?

8 Response(s) to What is your 2014 “Matifesto”?

On January 1st, 2014 at 1:50 pm, SRMcEvoy said:

I have spent years with my email sig file stating 'Yours, learning to be' this past year I found DDP Yoga and have done over 140 hours in 6 months. My goal is to learn to be and be better at being and my daily mat time helps centre and balance me.Now I have my Manduka mat and am working on becoming a certified DDP Yoga instructor. For the first 40 years of my life I would never have done Yoga, now I cannot imagine a day without it.

On January 1st, 2014 at 5:30 pm, Samantha said:

To live a healthier lifestyle and make time to get on the mat daily even if it's for 20 minutes! :)

On January 1st, 2014 at 6:52 pm, Laura said:

At the end of 2013 I made some big changes in my life, as the year came to a close I took up Oxfam's three things challenges and have incorporated them into my goals to be my manifesto for 2014.

1. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
2. Buy fair trade and ethical brands - food, clothing, and household products or don't buy at all!
3. Be the change you want to see in the world, your world - leave 2013 the toughest year of my life in the past and practice being in the present every new moment, use my daily yoga practice to develop this.

On January 2nd, 2014 at 1:46 pm, Liliana Afonso said:

healthy life, with healthy food and healthy relationships.
find courage to study again and find what i really want to do, start a volunteering project and take a trip, where i can be with myself without fear.
pray more, worry less and be happy

On January 7th, 2014 at 12 pm, Roxanne Dahl said:

My 2014 Matifasto is completing my Yoga Teacher Training, sharing the gift of Yoga by teaching everyday possible. Be #mindful #grateful remembering #intentions staying #balanced living everyday to it's fullest and making sure my #yoga #practice advances & remains constant! Namaste

On January 21st, 2014 at 11:06 am, palwasha said:

good blog

On February 3rd, 2014 at 5:20 am, Rosy @ Rückbildungsyoga said:

Yup! It's very true, I had also never done yoga before 20 years and now I can't imagine my life without it. I love to do it and practice it on a regular basis. It becomes a part of my life and enjoy it. I am also planning for teacher training for the yoga. Hope for best :)

On February 25th, 2014 at 2:03 pm, LAURA POLANT said:

Greetings from the Floyd Yoga Jam!

The Dancin' Dakinis cordially wish to invite Manduka to the 3rd Annual Floyd Yoga Jam! We invited you the first year, but we were really too small for your radar, so we are trying again to reach someone at Manduka to help us spread the word!

The YOJam is a 3 day, outdoor celebration of Music, Yoga, Art and Community, nestled in the most amazing scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA. 3 Yoga Tents, Healing Arts Oasis, Massage, Local Organic Foods, Art Village, KidsVille, People Playground with Acro Yoga, Yoga Slackers, OMGYM, Hoola Hoops and more! WWW.FLOYDYOGAJAM.NET

We are the newest (only?) yoga festival in mid atlantic region and have attendees from over 12 states. We hosted 1700 folks in year 2 (a 25% increase in one year), we expect 2500 this year as we are within a 6 hour drive time of the metro DC, Philly, NYC and Atlanta markets.

MC Yogi, Dana Flynn, DJ Drez, Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band were our headliners last year and they had so much fun they all booked they are coming back this year!

Please consider joining us this year and helping us spread the joy through a corporate sponsorship or advertising. The Dancin' Dakinis are 2 single moms who have raised their kids and themselves in this amazingly supportive community. In 4 years we cashed in our 401Ks and maxed out our credit cards to get to...the 3rd Annual YOJam!

We need your help to take this fledgling YOJam to greater heights and introduce more people to the joy of Yoga and to experience their bodies as never before!

Please contact us to discuss the possibilities and to let us know where to send some tickets! any possibility we could do a ticket give-away via the your newsletters, facebook, etc? would you consider friending us?

Look forward to talking with you soon!
Laura and Shirleyann