Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice keeping my peace and staying strong in my mind and body.

-Wasay J Foladi
Solihull, England

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Gil Elhart

Gil Elhart

Norfolk, VA

Why Manduka?: I love Manduka PRO mats, they feel so liberating to practice on!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: Manduka helps me practice salutations and giving greetings to life and each new day, reminding me of the amazing opportunities that each moment presents for learning, growth, cultivating awareness and transcendence!

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Breathe Yoga Center

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Gil’s love for art and movement is portrayed through his practice and teachings of yoga. Becoming a teacher was a natural transition that stemmed from his passion to share the holistic practices of yoga and the powerful transformation it has brought to his life. Gil received his 200-hour teacher certificate in Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Interdisciplinary Yoga, and then completed a teacher training in Vinyasa Flow with Seane Corn, further deepening his awareness of the physical/mental, energetic/emotional and psychic/symbolic realms of yoga. In 2009 Gil participated in a teacher intensive with Richard Freeman intimately studying Vedic scriptures and chants, the path of Raja yoga as laid down by Patanjali and the precise movements of prana. His classes are linked with intelligence, and exploration. His ability to bridge ancient philosophy with modern teachings through story and humor enables students to feel at ease while inspiring them to open in the journey of yoga beyond the body.