Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Why Manduka? Manduka offers the best collection of durable, non-slip, environmentally-friendly mats for home, teaching, and traveling.

-Shauna Slingsby
Utrecht, Netherlands

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sonya  Hanlon

Sonya Hanlon

Santa Monica, CA

Why Manduka?: The Manduka mat has been my only mat the last 10 years of my practice. I continue to recommend it to all my students if they want the best of the best in mats.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Yoga Works

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Sonya began practicing yoga on 1999 and discovered Ashtanga yoga with Chuck Miller and Maty Ezraty in 2000. Since then she has become a dedicated practitioner of the ancient method, linking breath with movement. Through her daily asana practice Sonya has learned to focus her mind as well as tap into an inner strength and peace that no other type of yoga has given her. Sonya teaches Ashtanga/Mysore classes as well as intermediate advanced flow classes which emphasize the importance of breath and finding the challenge in moving slowly and mindfully.

In October of 2006 she took her first trip to Mysore, India to study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and is very much looking forward to returning.

Sonya is a certified Yoga Works teacher and regularly leads Yoga Works trainings in and around California.