Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka towel helps me practice without slipping!

-Teune van der Wildt
Antwerp

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Stephanie Creaturo

Stephanie Creaturo

Brooklyn, NY

Why Manduka?: Devotion to high-quality products; stylish and intelligent design; gear for yogis, by yogis; a steadfast commitment to "off the mat" practice – how could you not be madly in love with Manduka?

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice fierce consciousness.

Yoga Style: Yoga

Practice with me here: Mala Yoga NYC

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

In 2007, Steph co-founded Mala Yoga, a community-based studio in Brooklyn, NY, with the idea that yoga can be a lifelong, life-enriching practice, both on the mat and off. She wanted Mala to be a place that felt inviting instead of intimidating, a safe space where students would want to bring their moms or boyfriends to give yoga a try. Three years later, she is grateful every time someone tells her how encouraged they feel in her class. Steph teaches practitioners of all levels of experience. Her specialty is basics, where she communicates advanced principles of anatomy and alignment with clarity, patience, humor--and a real-life context that helps students understand how these ancient poses can help them manage the physical and emotional challenges of the modern age. Steph's teaching and learning is inspired by her passion for the practice, its benefits, and the belief that everyone can (and should!) "do" yoga.