Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Black Mat Pro was love at first flow. It's superior non-slip finish is unparalleled and gives me the freedom to explore every inch of my voluptuous self without worrying about my sweat. After practicing on my Manduka mat, I really can’t use anything else.

-Gigi Yogini
Santa Monica, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Christine Hoar

Christine Hoar

Bristol, VT

Why Manduka?: Been on this mat for 10 years now....it just keeps ticking.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka mat helps me practice....quite happily!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga

Practice with me here: Bristol Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Yoga teacher and Yogi, Christine has been a practitioner of the Ashtanga Yoga System for nearly 15 years and has been teaching Ashtanga yoga for over 12 years. She is the director and founder of Vermont’s only dedicated Ashtanga yoga studio, Bristol Yoga. Specializing in the integration of the Ashtanga system of asana with the principles of Ayurveda and the depth of Yogic philosophy, Christine offers students unique insights into discovering greater joy, freedom, and self-transformation. Christine has made many trips to Mysore, South India to study with Sri K Pattabhi Jois of the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute, and she is honored to have received his blessing and authorization to teach.

When not teaching, you will find Christine in her organic garden, hiking, kayaking, snow-shoeing or walking the Vermont country lanes with her long-time, collie-companion, Gracie.