Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Living out of my luggage in my 3rd year as a spiritual nomad on Tour, I am super selective with minimizing what I carry to the bare essentials. My green eKO SuperLite Travel Mat is not just carry-on, it's "carry everywhere!"

-Twee Merrigan
Citizen of the World

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Carolyn Gillespie

Carolyn Gillespie

Newton, MA

Why Manduka?: I love that I never have to think about wear and tear with my Manduka mat. It is dependable and steady, like yoga.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice...... with steady grace.

Yoga Style: Hatha

Practice with me here: Newton Hip Mamas

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Carolyn’s passion for sharing yoga with others has grown from her own transformation within the practice, especially during her own pregnancies and journey into motherhood. She began her yoga journey in 1995, while working as a labor and delivery nurse, when she discovered its benefits in helping mothers cope during labor. Her yoga practice has since evolved into a core part of her daily routine and philosophy on life and parenting. Carolyn began teaching in 2004 and values the opportunity that teaching yoga provides to support new mothers and build community connections.

Carolyn has had the opportunity to study with Nancy Gilgoff, Shiva Rea, Paul Dallaghan, Judith Lasater and Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois. She has also completed Birthlight diplomas in prenatal and baby yoga with Francoise Freedman. Carolyn currently lives in Newton teaching mothers and babies from her home studio.