Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka PROlite mat provides a steady, trusting, foundation from which I am better able to expand and explore my boundaries.

-Nefeli Makri
Athens, Greece

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Tara Munro

Tara Munro

Grapevine, TX

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: When you are on the mat as much as I am it becomes more than a mat; it is a relationship! Manduka and I have been going steady for years now and I know it's LOVE.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice Intention.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Twist Power Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

From an early age Tara has been exploring the connection between mind and body through dance. In 2000, when she ventured into her first yoga class, it became very clear how vastly rich the practice of yoga is in its ability to integrate the body, mind, and spirit. Ever since Tara has been sharing yoga with as many people as she can.
In January, 2006, she completed a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification and in January 2008, after completing over 1000 teaching hours, Tara received the distinguished E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) credential. Tara is certified to teach Adaptive Yoga to students with MS and in 2008 received her 500 hr RYT in Yoga Therapy.
As an avid student of yoga, Tara has developed an eclectic mix of yoga methods from numerous teachers including Rod Stryker, Beryl Bender Birch, Erich Schiffman, Susi Hately Aldous, Sharon Gannon and David Life, Dharma Mittra, Shiva Rea, and Manorama . Her compassionate, yet disciplined, teaching style is therapeutic and challenging as she emphasizes a cultivation of awareness within each pose she instructs. You'll find her inspiring with her playful spirit and wacky sense of humor, yet patient as she takes time out to personally guide you on your yoga journey.