Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice stillness in motion.

-Chris Croft
Devon, UK

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Janna Giles

Janna Giles

Seattle, Washington

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka is my partner in practice, my anchor in flow and my foundation to flying high.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice feeling each moment, exploring, creating, and connecting with the joy within.

Yoga Style: Prana Flow

Practice with me here: OM Voyage Yoga & Retreats

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I am a Certified Prana Flow®: Energetic Vinyasa yoga instructor, who is passionate, dynamic and creative. My first exposure to yoga was as a child, witnessing my mother practicing in the early seventies. Even then, it held me captivated. As an adult, I was reintroduced to the practice and immediately discovered the body-mind-spirit connection and grounding it provided. As a busy professional in the deadline oriented graphic design industry, my yoga practice provided the stress release I needed to help me stay focused, productive, and clear about what was important in life. As an avid dance student, teacher and performer, it allowed me to heal and re-energize a body stressed by intense physical demands.

Beyond the physical, yoga provided mental clarity and balance, and it resonated with my previously established spiritual base. As my yoga life continued, I attended yoga teacher trainings, started teaching, and began incorporating yoga into my dance life; adding partnered yoga to performance art choreographies. In late 2007, a serious but unrelated neck injury forced a lapse in my teaching and performance schedule. While using my personal yoga practice as a method of healing, I attended one of Shiva Rea's Prana Flow® teacher trainings and was so inspired that I immediately registered for the certification program.

In early 2011 I was grateful to be able to start teaching yoga again, and later that summer I left a 20+ year career to dedicate myself to sharing the power of yoga with others. I'm inspired to guide my students on a journey, and share my appreciation for the connection between spirit, energy, philosophy and yogic movement. My creative classes are thematic, and different every time. Within those themes, I love to share down to Earth philosophy from ancient yogic texts and other sources that are very applicable to modern life. I show my love for world travel and other cultures through my class music playlists, which include sounds from all around the globe.