Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice positivity and ease.

-Natalia Bogdalikova
Bratislava, Slovakia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Gil Katz

Gil Katz

New York, New York

Why Manduka?: When I step onto my Manduka mat I know I’m starting with a solid foundation.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice

Yoga Style: Therapeutic, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Manduka

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Gil’s life has always been closely focused on sports, health and nutrition. Introduced to yoga to rehabilitate a shoulder injury, he quickly developed a great respect for the many benefits of yoga. Immersed in yoga for over a decade, his nutritional and therapeutics background spans 3 decades. Gil practices daily and teaches in the Vinyasa tradition, emphasizing breath awareness and alignment. In addition, he teaches therapeutic yoga & developed his yoga for cancer program under the guidance of Medical Professionals at NYU Medical Center.

A student of Iyengar, Ashtanga and ISHTA Yoga Traditions. He's received certifications from Alan Finger; David Williams, Ashtanga Yoga; Yoga Works & Om Yoga. Gil also studied in India and continues to practice and study with some of the most recognized teachers in the world. His classes and private sessions are invigorating and inspirational with a strong focus on breath and proper alignment. His supportive style of teaching and sense of humor sends his students home with a smile on their face and softness in their heart.