My Manduka helps me practice silence.

-Mercedes Ngoh
Devon, UK

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sara Volkell

Sara Volkell

Sacramento, California

Why Manduka?: On my Manduka, no matter where in the world I am, I’m home.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice without distraction. It’s the most reliable mat there is: no slipping, no having to adjust to get comfortable, just me, the mat and my practice.

Yoga Style: Hot Yoga

Practice with me here: Arden Hot Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

In 2008, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. In an effort to lose stubborn weight from having been prescribed Prednisone (a steroid) I found the Hot Yoga series. Through this series I was not only able to lose the excess weight, but more importantly I was taking an active role in managing my MS symptoms. As my mind-body connection deepened and my body began healing, I knew I had to share yoga with others. I left my field in Information Technology and pursued a 500 hour certification from the Hot Yoga Doctor Pro Teacher Training. I even returned the following year as an assistant teacher. During my training I noticed the darkness that came with my diagnosis was replaced by a bright light that I have been shining through my classes ever since.

Whether it be hot yoga, hybrid classes or yin, I am committed to teaching all of my classes with safety and compassion. I pay special attention to modifications for different body types, ailments and injuries.