Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

“On Manduka” a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

-Wendy Nations
Memphis, TN

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jane Vasey

Jane Vasey

Melbourne, Australia

Why Manduka?: The more you practice, the better it gets.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice through proving stability and traction in my connection to the earth.. I can flow and lift as my Manduka provides support at my foundation.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: One Hot Yoga , Hotbox Yoga , Kaya Mind and Body Health Club

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Jane Vasey is a yoga teacher and criminal defence lawyer based in Melbourne, Australia.

Jane believes that yoga, as a sophisticated and highly developed practice, should be presented to the student in an accessible and meaningful way. Extensive training in the US and Australia allows Jane to embody and present an authentic appreciation of the practice with a relevant and contemporary approach.

Jane’s classes guide students through a smooth flow of vinyasa style asana as she encourages students to work with strength, balance, consistency and form. Jane implores students to see the asana practice as a vehicle for deeper inward exploration, and to recognise the physical body as a frame of reference to further examine the fluctuations of the mind. Jane practices to let go of external stimulus and find peace inside the anatomical sheath – our envelope for the soul.

Jane is the co-director of OmRyder, an exciting collaborative initiative working to deliver the benefits of yoga to female freestyle skiers and boarders; and loves working with some of Australia’s best freeriding gals.