Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

The Black Mat® Pro is superb! I have never been disappointed by the Manduka mats I have used. I only teach or practice on a Manduka mat nowadays – it is my yoga buddy.

-Joseph Lee
Singapore

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Damien de Bastier

Damien de Bastier

Antwerp, Belgium

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka gives me the support to stretch myself into the biggest version of my Self.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: “Yoga sutra II.46 = Sthira Sukham Mandukam” Manduka mat is perfect balance between comfort and stability.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga

Practice with me here: Antwerp Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Damien fell in love at first stretch, upon meeting the Ashtanga practice in 1998. It reflected his passion for sports, meditation and self-inquiry.
Meeting the practice daily on his Manduka mat opened his heart and healed a broken knee.

Damien studied extensively with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in India, and with senior Ashtanga teachers around the world.

Humbled and still in love, he shares the grace of the practice the world over with insight, compassion and playfulness. As a traveling yoga teacher, Damien believes in supporting social business and is committed to empowering the local communities he visits by raising funds and awareness.