Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka PROlite mat provides a steady, trusting, foundation from which I am better able to expand and explore my boundaries.

-Nefeli Makri
Athens, Greece

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Anna Zorzou

Anna Zorzou

Glyfada, Athens

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice with courage.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: The Manduka mat is like coming home after a long day.

Yoga Style: Flow

Practice with me here: YogaWorks

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Anna Zorzou, "a native of Athens", Greece discovered yoga after a ten-year career as a professional basketball player. Looking for an alternative way to work through physical injuries in her body, she discovered that yoga offered a great solution.

Anna's teaching is mainly influenced by the YogaWorks system (a combination of Ashtanga, Iyengar and Vini yoga), the Integrative yoga therapy and Birthlight schools, as well as by numerous teachers including Annie Carpenter, Joseph Le Paige, Peter Sterios, Saul David Raye, Shiva Rae, Bryan Kest, John Friend, Sarah Powers, Shi Dharma Mittra and Andrey Lappa. Anna is a register 500 hours Yoga Alliance teacher.

Her extensive participation in workshops, retreats and teacher trainings has given her an appreciation and gratitude towards the technology of yoga and the world of healing arts. Anna's compassionate and upbeat personality motivates her students to work hard, and to listen to their inner teacher as they bring peace and tranquility to their practice.

Anna is currently teaching in Greece daily classes, workshops, retreats and conferences. She is also leading the Yoga Works teacher trainings in Greece, Cyprus, Europe and is a yoga consultant for Holmes Place Fitness Clubs (Greece).