Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice being in the present moment and going with the flow.

-Susanne Eichinger
Munich, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Shana Meyerson

Shana Meyerson

Los Angeles, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka is my magic carpet.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being me.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: YOGAthletica

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I stumbled (literally) into yoga after an unfortunate pinky-toe breaking incident in august 2011. An avowed hard-core athlete, yoga was the last place I ever expected to find myself. But there I found myself…and then I found myself.

The Universe certainly sends us what we need just when we need it. A few weeks after my introduction to—and immediate immersion into—yoga, 9/11 hit. And who didn't need yoga then?

Within months of discovering the practice, I quit both my career and my MBA program to pursue yoga. I didn't know if I would ever earn another dollar, but I knew it was something I just needed to do. It was a huge leap of faith, but the Universal Parachute caught me and ensured my safe landing.

And here I am, founder of YOGAthletica, as well as mini yogis yoga for kids, gifted with the opportunity to share yoga all over the globe. It's been an awesome trip!