Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat traveled around the world with me from Fiji to New Zealand, Bali, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Iceland and the East Coast before following me to my hometown of Seattle. It didn't matter where I went, when I rolled out my mat to practice I felt like I was home.

-Kaitlyn McConnell
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Mindy Johnstone

Mindy Johnstone

Banff, Alberta

Why Manduka?: Practicing on my manduka mat is like wearing the perfect backpack – supportive, trustworthy and carries everything I need.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice “Integrity on the mat".

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Yin

Practice with me here: Rocky Mountain Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

My first introduction to yoga was through a dance class that I attended as a preteen. We were led through a lying down visual meditation. The experience has always remained quite vivid with me. The idea that we can calm our bodies by connecting into the mind was powerful even for a young student.

I was to truly start my yogic journey in my mid twenties. Ashtanga’s beautiful tradition was making a huge appearance in the community that I lived. I loved and still do the meditative sequencing of the postures and the therapeutics it instills over years of practice.

12 years later, I continue to explore the subtler aspects of yoga. With a thriving studio of my own and a fabulous group of fellow teachers and practitioners, I am fortunate to study different styles of yoga and meditation. I feel connected to the integrity of Iyengar, the tradition of Ashtanga and the stillness of Yin yoga.

My intention as a teacher and yoga practitioner is to be true to our highest self; take every day as it comes, grow your practice from your experience and balance is the secret to happiness