Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Go further than your body. Reach out of yourself. Let Manduka guide you.

-Magnus Ringberg
Åhus, Sweden

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Mindy Johnstone

Mindy Johnstone

Banff, Alberta

Why Manduka?: Practicing on my manduka mat is like wearing the perfect backpack – supportive, trustworthy and carries everything I need.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice “Integrity on the mat".

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Yin

Practice with me here: Rocky Mountain Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

My first introduction to yoga was through a dance class that I attended as a preteen. We were led through a lying down visual meditation. The experience has always remained quite vivid with me. The idea that we can calm our bodies by connecting into the mind was powerful even for a young student.

I was to truly start my yogic journey in my mid twenties. Ashtanga’s beautiful tradition was making a huge appearance in the community that I lived. I loved and still do the meditative sequencing of the postures and the therapeutics it instills over years of practice.

12 years later, I continue to explore the subtler aspects of yoga. With a thriving studio of my own and a fabulous group of fellow teachers and practitioners, I am fortunate to study different styles of yoga and meditation. I feel connected to the integrity of Iyengar, the tradition of Ashtanga and the stillness of Yin yoga.

My intention as a teacher and yoga practitioner is to be true to our highest self; take every day as it comes, grow your practice from your experience and balance is the secret to happiness