Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

With my first Manduka mat, I started to jump in positions and felt so free in each movement. Since then, I know where I stand, and Manduka is my first choice.

-Antonija Krajna
Slavonski Brod, Croatia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Michele Lauren

Michele Lauren

New York, New York

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: On Manduka I am able to build a solid foundation to allow me to fly and be free in my yoga.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice confidence.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Michele Lauren Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Born and raised in Queens, NY, Michele naturally became accustomed to the fast-paced lifestyle of the city. Yoga has become a great escape for her, both on and off the mat. She attended Syracuse University, where she studied Environmental Design and Interiors. After years of being an interior designer at hospitality and high-end residential firms, she decided to pursue her love for yoga and enrolled in teacher training at YogaWorks. Soon after completion of the training, Michele became a full-time yoga instructor in NYC. Yoga gives her an overwhelming sense of joy and she feels so lucky to be able to share it with others. Michele is an Emissary for YogaStage, Columnist for Origin Magazine and Contributor for Veria Living.

Michele views yoga to be a puzzle; each style is a ‘piece’ that contributes and comes together making a well-rounded practice. Her practice is strong, yet fun and playful. Michele brings her background in design to bear on her yoga instruction by creating innovative transitions between each asana. Being partial to arm balances, her classes will always sweep you off your feet. She is thankful for all the great teachers that have guided her. She believes that yoga makes what may seem to be the impossible merely just a challenge. Michele looks forward to share her knowledge and passion of yoga with you.