Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Stepping onto your Manduka is coming home to yourself. There are no distractions of slipping hands or sliding mats... just you, your Manduka, and the moment.

-Natalie Halt
Geneva, Switzerland

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Alana Hurov

Alana Hurov

Toronto, Ontario

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka gives me the freedom to play, experiment and explore. Every practice is truly an adventure because I can trust that I am supported, stable and won't slip. I love rolling out Manduka mats forprivate clients, corporate groups and hotel guests, they last forever and look brand new (eventhough I have had them for 6 years plus). They are uber impressive, great quality and envrionmentally friendly. I love my Manduka.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice freely!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Power, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Shangri-La Hotel , Vintage Hotels , Sheraton Hotel, Downtown Toronto , Vineyard Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Without your health, you have nothing. Alana learned that lesson first hand when she suffered a bad concussion a few years ago. The Celebrity TV producer and Yoga Teacher was closing the blinds in her downtown condo when she was suddenly hit in the face with a window covering. It crashed down on her, broke her nose, left her unable to work in network TV for nearly a year. She suffered from migraines, exhaustion, weight gain and anxiety. Her life as a stress hungry, type "A" journalist would never be the same again.

After 15 years as a TV producer, Alana decided to hang up her microphone and lay out the mat to pursue her other passion – Yoga.
With the goal of bringing health into hotels and the corporate world, she launched her own mobile company Hotel Yoga and Fitness Inc. It’s now teamed up with: The Shangri-La, The Sheraton, Vintage Hotels, Ontario College of Teachers etc. She also produced “Yoga for Men" with a World Series Winner and a fitness icon. This is only the beginning!