Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat traveled around the world with me from Fiji to New Zealand, Bali, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Iceland and the East Coast before following me to my hometown of Seattle. It didn't matter where I went, when I rolled out my mat to practice I felt like I was home.

-Kaitlyn McConnell
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Rosie Acosta

Rosie Acosta

Portland, Oregon

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka is my magic carpet, it allows me to go to places I never thought possible in my practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice gratitude and optimism every time I step on the mat.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: The Yoga Space

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Rosie has been practicing yoga since 2004. Her practice began as a compliment to training for the L.A. Marathon, and fell in love with it shortly thereafter. Yoga became so much more than just a form of exercise. It became her passion and her way of seeing the world. She uses Yoga as a laboratory to learn integrity, honesty, discipline and self-acceptance. Working in the Entertainment Industry at a young age had proved to be very stressful, yoga was her place of solace. Through this practice she was able to balance work and college and keep most of her sanity.

Today, a huge advocate of healthy eating, she is a certified nutritionist and health coach, she studied Business Marketing at Mount St. Mary’s in Los Angeles and is currently enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York.

Rosie has written and published for several online publications about the importance of holistic nutrition.

She is a YogaWorks Certified 500hr Registered Yoga Teacher and enjoys teaching fun dynamic at times very sweaty Vinyasa Flow classes. She hosts four Detox workshops a year and supports her students on their quests for a more sustainable lifestyle through Yoga, Nutrition and Self-Affirmation. Recently, relocated to Portland, Oregon where she enjoys riding her bicycle on designated bike lanes, long nature runs and walking her two frenchies and shihtzu named Chewy (short for Chewbacca). You can find her teaching classes at The Yoga Space in Portland, Oregon.