Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka is my support system while flying high on Yoga.

-Hadji Jones
Philadelphia, PA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Chris Lucas

Chris Lucas

Northampton, MA

Why Manduka?: On Manduka mats, my practice goes from "me" to "We"

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me #practice my inner YES.

Yoga Style: Baptiste

Practice with me here: Shiva Shakti Power Vinyasa , Baptiste Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

In 2006, Chris walked into Baron Baptiste’s Cambridge, MA studio and essentially never left. In a short time, he went from enjoying the physical benefits of occasional practice to developing a dedicated daily practice incorporating all eight limbs of yoga. For two years, he served as an assistant in the Baptiste studios in Boston, providing hands-on assists to encourage students’ physical and mental exploration and transformation. An active student of Baron Baptiste, he is not only a part of the Baptiste community as a 500hr Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher, but also as Baptiste Yoga's Director of Community Empowerment and Digital Strategy.

In addition to his Baptiste Training, Chris spent months training with the incomparable Natasha Rizopoulos of YogaWorks. With these dual influences, his intention is to create a powerful experience for all that is invigorating and opening, inviting every student to drop perceived limitations and enjoy new possibilities in their practice and life both on and off the mat.