-Madhavi Guemoes
Hamburg, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Shareen Woodford

Shareen Woodford

Toronto, Ontario

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I have tried many many different kinds of yoga mats. The truth is that no other mat performs like a Manduka. It's like a totally different yoga practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice jump-backs and jump-throughs without any mat folding, crumpling or ripping, which makes for a happy and comfortable daily Ashtanga practice.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Fireflow Yoga , Mayfair Lakeshore , Granite Club , Toronto Lawn Tennis Club

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Shareen is Ashtanga yoga practitioner and instructor in Toronto, Canada. Yoga has been a transformative and informative force in her life since 1998. Having studied philosophy, psychology, religion and most recently Sanskrit at the University of Toronto, she offers to her yoga students much more than a physical challenge. Shareen recognizes that yoga involves more than just asana and passionately explores and practices the other seven limbs of yoga and encourages her students to do the same.

Coming from a background of dance training and competitive swimming, her style of teaching is a balance of creative sequencing, enjoyment of movement, anatomical correctness and athletic precision. Having learned the hard way (many preventable injuries), she recognizes that each person has their own path and timeline down the path of yoga, and therefore patience, humility, proper guidance and safety are of foremost importance along the way.