Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice sustainability.

-Peter Sterios
San Luis Obispo, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Melanie Simmons

Melanie Simmons

Louisville, KY

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Each time I step on my Manduka, the rich blue color transports me back to the powerful energy of the Sivananada ashram in the Bahamas.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being myself.

Yoga Style: Hot Yoga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: www.melaniesimmons.com , Yoga On Baxter , Betsy's Hot Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Melanie Simmons is blessed to assist people with the healing power of essential oils using the Raindrop technique. She has trained with the founder of Young Living (YL) Essential Oils, Gary Young, in the chemistry of oils and the Raindrop technique. She has also worked and studied on the YL farm in Idaho. She was introduced to essential oils by her Aunt Mary in Texas over six years ago when she offered Melanie her first Raindrop.

She has completed several cleanses including the Master Cleanse for up to 30 days. Her experience has allowed her to answer questions, ease fears, and coach others safely through the cleansing journey.

Melanie has spent eleven years dedicated to her yoga practice. She received her Yoga Siromani (teacher of yoga) from the Sivananda Vedanta Ashram. She is currently studying at Yoga East to receive her 500 hour RYT.

She has represented the state of Indiana twice at the National Yoga Asana Championship in Los Angeles, studied and practiced pranayama with Swami Ramdev devotee, Panditeao Pawar, and completed the Advanced 84 asana series with Bikram Choudhury. She recently completed a five day intensive with John Friend, founder of Anusara Yoga.

She has served as the Karma Yoga director for the School of Metaphysics and is currently a Manduka Ambassador.

Melanie is an initiate of Sai Maa Lakshmi Devi and is a Diksha giver, an initiation of pure light blessings.