Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice to work mind and body as ONE.

-Abhishek Agrawal
Phuket, Thailand

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Shonna Brown

Shonna Brown

Oakville, ON

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka Black Mat PRO is the perfect all purpose mat. I use it for everything! It keeps me grounded during my yoga asana practice, and provides enough cushion and support for floorwork making it the perfect mat not just for yoga but pilates as well. I even use it as my workout mat.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: Ishvara Pranidhana - Opening, softening, and surrendering to the will of the universe.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Restorative, Therapeutic

Practice with me here: www.shonnabrown.com

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Shonna Brown, a goddess of many talents. This yogi is shining her light around the world and passionately serving her community to help cultivate health, peace, happiness, unity and love.

She began teaching yoga in 2003 after completing her Degree in Kinesiology and Health Sciences. Her teachings are based on an integrative approach that goes well beyond the physical. Using the body as a vehicle, Shonna guides her students on a soulful journey within to help calm, rebalance, and awaken body and mind so they function and perform optimally from the inside out. Her intuitive eye for detail and thorough understanding of the human body brings injury prevention and rehabilitation into her classes. Often accompanied by Mantra Musician John William Bauld, students attune to the energetic vibrational frequency imbedded within the Mantras that invoke healing, empowerment and wellbeing.

Beyond teaching yoga, Shonna leads health and wellness workshops, seminars and lectures for students and teachers. She is an organizer of “AnandaFest” Canada’s premier annual yoga retreat & festival, and she also performs with John William Bauld’s Kirtan Band spreading the love and bringing the divine practice of Bhakti out into the world.