Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice turning ordinary moments into extraordinary ones.

-Alanna Smith
Toronto, ON

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Nicole Sherman

Nicole Sherman

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice my patience with myself.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: Manduka is like heaven for my feet!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Manduka

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Nicole caught the “yoga bug” in 2007, in sunny south Florida. Loving the challenge that yoga gave her, she decided she wanted to spread her enthusiasm to others and do her teacher training on the big island of Hawaii, Kona. This was a huge dream and life changing experience for her, as she connected with the mental and spiritual aspects of the yogic philosophy, while practicing on the lava rocks, under the guidance of Yoga Adventure.

Nicole grew up as a dancer and was diagnosed with scoliosis in her teens. Because of this, she has a deeper awareness of her body and her own physicality. Therefore she has a better understanding of the importance of proper posture and positioning of the spine to benefit the scoliosis condition. She encourages others to become knowledgeable in the poses that will help improve their bodies, too.

Nicole teaches a vinyasa/ashtanga flow class for private individuals and groups. Her classes challenge her students with inversions and continuous flow, while also focusing on the healing breath.