Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Living out of my luggage in my 3rd year as a spiritual nomad on Tour, I am super selective with minimizing what I carry to the bare essentials. My green eKO SuperLite Travel Mat is not just carry-on, it's "carry everywhere!"

-Twee Merrigan
Citizen of the World

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Lara Land

Lara Land

New York, NY

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice long term, uninterrupted, consistent, devotional yoga practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: I love my Manduka because it lasts! No more post practice mat dust floor sweeping!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, PreNatal

Practice with me here: Land Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Lara Land, authorized Ashtanga teacher, began practicing yoga in 1998 as a freshman at Boston University. She was intrigued by the body/mind connection and continued to practice as she earned her BFA in Theatre and moved on to New York. It was there that she stumbled upon the Ashtanga tradition and committed herself to daily practice. She then pursued a Vinyasa certification from Yoga Sutra, where she was able to practice under and assist long time Ashtanga teacher, Christopher Hildebrandt. That year Lara made her first trip to India to learn from the Guru of Ashtanga yoga, Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois. She continues to study yearly at the Pattabhi Jois institute under Director R. Sharath and Saraswathi.

In addition to Ashtanga, Lara also teaches chanting and philosophy which she studies in India with Acharye Hema. Lara has brought this knowledge to a wide variety of students. One of her undertakings is making yoga accessible and relevant to the Jewish community. She also teaches children of all ages and abilities, including those on the autistic spectrum. Lara has continued to volunteer her services to those in need, including a three-month stay in Rwanda where she taught yoga to HIV positive genocide survivors. She is also an attuned Reiki healer. Lara is forever in awe of the transformative power of yoga and is grateful for her teachers who have given her the opportunity to experience and share in this ancient practice.