Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice in tranquility.

-Michele Holliday
Lexington, SC

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Gayl Walder

Gayl Walder

Deerfield, IL

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I feel like I can do anything on my Manduka. It’s my magic carpet.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka creates an oasis for me to become all of me. When I step on my Manduka mat it is like I am stepping onto a mirror. My Manduka sees me in ways that no one else does, and provides with me with a safe and comfortable place to be who I am. No judgment, no criticism, just self- reflection. This mat is like no other mat. It is awesome! There is no place I would rather be than on my mat! My Manduka is my crystal ball- it knows where I am going, even before I do.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Meditation, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Ahimsa Global Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

The journey begins within…
Gayl Walder, E-RYT, has been trained by top instructors from all over the world. Life experiences and spiritual training have helped Gayl to develop her own unique style with a great attention to personal needs.
Gayl’s yoga is strengthening, rejuvenating and her students are calm, focused and at ease, encouraging them to relieve the tension and stress of their everyday existence and use these techniques on the mat of life.
She teaches from two to ninety two and can relate to all. She loves to share her knowledge and inspiration with everyone. Gayl developed a DVD Healing in Motion to help people cope with the anxiety of sitting in a waiting room at a Doctor’s office, Hospital or at even their desk.

Gayl’s life has been dedicated to helping others, whether working in the Cook County Adult Probation Division, the Highland Park Hospital Emergency Room or on the Yoga mat.
She is certified through yoga alliance ERYT, she has completed yoga for kids, Yoga for Cancer Survivors. Currently, Gayl is a Pure Yoga teacher trainer. She has studied with various teachers throughout the country.
Gayl’s company, Ahimsa Global Yoga is not a studio. They bring yoga to your Corporation, Schools, Organizations or Home. Gayl Recently produced a DVD called Healing in Motion available at www.gaylwalder.com .
http://highlandpark.patch.com/articles/gayl-walder-turns-doctors-office-into-yoga-room