Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka helps me to keep grounded while I learn to fly.

-Marina Aldasoro
Buenos Aires, Argentina

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Angela Jamison

Angela Jamison

Ann Arbor, MI

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I feel for Manduka like Garth Algar does for underwear. After a while, it becomes a part of you.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice six mornings a week, 52 weeks a year, ten years and counting...

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Ann Arbor Ashtanga , A2 Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I teach ashtanga yoga in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I was introduced to this practice in 2001 in Los Angeles, and have practiced six days a week 
continuously since 2003.
I learned the ashtanga pranayama sequence (after completing the intermediate series) from Rolf Naujokat in 2006. I maintain a relatively modest pranayama practice. Later in 2006, I met Dominic Corigliano, who taught me the 
subtler layers of ashtanga practice, and eventually, slowly, 
taught me to teach yoga. During 2009, I assisted Jörgen 
Christiansson.
After retreats in several meditation traditions, I began working with the Vipassana teacher Shinzen Young
in 2009. I meditate daily, confer with Shinzen about my practice, and take annual silent retreats.
I travel regularly to Mysore, India, where I practice asana with with R. Sharath Jois and study the history and philosophy of yoga with M.A. Narasimhan and M.A. Jayashree. In 2011, Sharath authorized me at Level 2, asking me to teach the full intermediate series.