Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

The Manduka mat is like coming home after a long day.

-Anna Zorzou
Athens, Greece

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Anthony “Prem” Carlisi

Anthony “Prem” Carlisi

Kauai, HI

Why Manduka?: I've been using a Manduka mat since its’ creation. It's by far the best Yoga mat in the world. I can say this because I was around before sticky mats were even available! I have watched the Yoga mat scene expand through the years with many companies putting out all kinds of designer mats for practice. None of which lasted for more than a year with daily practice of Ashtanga Yoga. Again I can speak with conviction since I've seen what's out there (I've taught all over the world) There's truly nothing that compares to Manduka mats. Yeah they cost more than other mats, but who else gives you a life time warranty? I'll tell you...No one! You'll never have to buy another mat in your life! And this is why Manduka says it's good for the environment because you're not throwing mats in the dump year after year after year for 50, 60, 70 plus years. So order one for yourself, your friends, your mother, heck anyone you love and want to support doing Yoga for the rest of their lives!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Ashtanga Yoga Bali

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Anthony "Prem" Carlisi began his Ashtanga journey in 1978 with Shri K. Pattabhi Jois, the master of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in Encinitas, California for 6 months. The following year marked his first trip of many to Mysore, India, where he continued practicing and studying up to Advanced A; currently known as third and fourth series directly with "Guruji." Prem is considered one of the oldest practitioners of this method, along with the likes of David Swenson, Tim Miller, David Williams, and Nancy Gilgoff. In February, 2005, Prem was offered Certification by Guruji, as a senior Ashtanga Teacher. This enables him to pass on this authentic method as taught by him. This includes Primary, Intermediate, Advanced A series along with the other limbs of Ashtanga yoga. He recently released his first book: "The Only Way Out is In: A Modern Day Yogi's Commentary on the Synergy of Ashtanga Yoga, Ayurveda and Tantra ".