Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka gives me the support to stretch myself into the biggest version of my Self.

-Damien de Bastier
Antwerp, Belgium

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Paul Dallaghan

Paul Dallaghan

Ko Samui, Thailand

Why Manduka?: I got my first Manduka Black Mat PRO when they first came out in the late 90s. It was a big investment for me then but I still have it. I have had other mats in between which have all faded and wasted. Still there is not a blemish on my Black Mat. Since then I have added a newer, longer Black Mat PRO and a PRO-lite to my collection, for a second practice location and travel. More than just durability, I always feel solid on it. It definitely adds to the experience of practice, especially in terms of steadiness.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice Sthiti.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Hatha

Practice with me here: Yoga Thailand , Centered Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Paul is a senior teacher of Pranayama, Asana and the meditative art and science of Yoga. He has been a dedicated student for over a decade of both Sri O.P.Tiwari, one of the few remaining classical yogis and masters of Pranayama, and the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in ashtanga vinyasa. Both of these great teachers have personally certified Paul in these practices, a unique position as the only one to receive this double honor. Paul continues with Mantra practice from the yoga lineage and meditative approaches, influenced by the Thai Forest tradition. This combination of practice and study through dedication and devotion has helped him gain some understanding of practice and to apply this appropriately in Asana, Pranayama, Mantra recitation and Meditation for the different level of students he has the privilege to share the teaching with. He continues his studies in health, digestion, anatomy and physiology. One of his main gifts is to be able to relate the teachings in a very down-to-earth way for the modern seeker. He does not take life or yoga too seriously and as a result the discussions and philosophical sessions are lively and humorous, helping to explain the meaning behind the practices and philosophy.

Paul is the happy father of two lovely boys. Together with his wife, he founded Samahita Yoga Thailand