Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Non slip, great grip and ready to let anything happen!

-Julia Tingulstad
Drobak, Norway

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Nele Van Poucke

Nele Van Poucke

Antwerp, Belgium

Why Manduka?: After years of trying differents mats, I tried the Manduka eKo mat. The best thing is that I don't think about my mat when I practice and that's how it should be. It provides enough thickness for my sensitive knees and it gives me peace and hold in my down dog.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice discipline. My mat stands in the corner of my living room, reminding me that a daily practice is all I need.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Yoga Studio , Yoga Form , Antwerp Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Blond, petite, but full of power. But during her classes she oozes calmness. With Nele you explore your edge - flexibility, strength and endurance - in a playful way. The timbre of her voice gets you out of you thoughts and tempts you in a soft and meditative way. She fell in love with yoga almost immediately and you notice it in her classes, knowledge and even secrets get revealed.

Experience
If you've had asked her a few years ago what her passion in life was, the answer was: shoes and chocolate. Ask that exact question now, without hesitation the answer is Yoga. Nele was educated to be an artist, a painter. That evolved to working in advertising and running from one deadline to another. Looking for a way to relax she discovered yoga, with Elsie Matthijsens as her first teacher. Because yoga made her calm, friendly and happy, she was instantly hooked. Teaching happened merely by accident because her teacher needed someone to sub one of her classes.

Nele is completing her training with Shiva Rea in L.A. and makes it an annual tradition to go back to train with Shiva and indulge in the Californian way of life. Besides Shiva Rea she unrolled her mat with these well known yogi(ni)'s: Petros Haffenrichter and Yogeswari (Jivamukti Yoga), Gösta and Patrick, Rusty Wells, Twee Merrigan, Seane Corn, Saul David Raye, Vinnie Marino, Claire Missingham, Gurmukh and many more.