Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice balance in my body and mind.

-Freya Chalotte Holm
Løgstrup, Viborg, Denmark

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Alexandra Holmes

Alexandra Holmes

Philadelphia, PA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I love being on the eKO™ Mat because of it's superior grip, and because it supports the awareness of being that practicing yoga is about!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice Discipline.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Dhyana Yoga

Recent Updates

2014/05/23 - WANDERLUST BLOCK PARTY AT THE PIAZZA IN NORTHERN LIBERTIES Date: September 7th Time: 12:30 pm Location: The Piazza in Northern Liberties Read More

Description/Bio

Bio: Alexandra Holmes, originally from the Philippines, started as a Dance and Choreography major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She began practicing as a way to cross train, and soon after fell in love with yoga asana and philosophy. Though Alex enjoys studying a variety of styles, her teaching is firmly rooted in the Vinyasa tradition. Informed by her dance background, her classes are creatively sequenced and integrate chanting, philosophy and alignment to offer a dynamic, whole body experience. Alex's classes are challenging yet light-hearted to nurture strength and flexibility not only in the physical body, but in the heart, mind, and spirit as well. Alex is thrilled to be involved with the 200-hour teacher training program at Dhyana Yoga, and is also excited to be offering a 50-hour dynamic flow immersion. In addition to her involvement in the performing arts and yoga, she is currently studying with and assisting her inspiration and yogic guide, Shiva Rea, in her advanced 500-hour certification program.