Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice inner and outer strength and calmness.

-Jennifer Burgstett
München, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Bethany Vaughn

Bethany Vaughn

Atlanta, GA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I had my son on a Manduka mat.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice patience!

Yoga Style: Hot Yoga, Power Yoga

Practice with me here: Red Hot Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I started practicing yoga in 1995 in New York City at the gym. Once a week they offered a yoga class and I had heard that yoga helped reduce stress. I was working long hours in the restaurant business and burning the candle at both ends. I had a lot to deal with emotionally, had been on my own for quite some time and really was tired at a very young age. I was 25 at the time. So each week I would go get some of this beautiful yoga. My teacher was kind, open minded and told me about some of the studios in NYC. I went to a few different places and just could not get enough.
In 2000 I moved to Atlanta and tried hot yoga for the first time. The intensity was amazing, the release, the focus, the deep breathing. I decided I wanted to teach. Yoga makes so much sense to me. It is the definition to the way I live my life and the inner pulse that fuels my soul.
I have studied Iyengar yoga and Forrest yoga for many years. These two styles are where I draw much of my inspiration.
In August of 2009 I had a son, Lachlan, and in August 2010 my husband Wes and I opened our own studio called Red Hot Yoga. I am open to wherever this yoga journey takes me and I share what I have learned with everyone I teach!