Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice through proving stability and traction in my connection to the earth.. I can flow and lift as my Manduka provides support at my foundation.

-Jane Vasey
Melbourne, Australia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Takeyah Young

Takeyah Young

Washington, DC

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: When ever I step on a Manduka mat, my toes sink in. I feel connected, like when I walk barefoot in grass.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being present.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Core Connection

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Takeyah’s interest in improving the quality of life for communities is what propelled her to the professional world of yoga, well-being and sustainable living.

For over 10 years, Takeyah has explored and studied various yoga styles.  Takeyah completed her 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification with Faith Hunter and has taught yoga throughout the Washington, DC area and internationally. As shared by one of her students, “I found Takeyah's teaching style to be gentle, informative and accommodating for all levels and the selection of music was characteristic of her funky style.”

Takeyah the founder of Core Connection Lifestyle, a wellness company dedicated to providing life essentials for well-being and tools for balanced living. As a result, her clients have less stress, more balance and more time for healthy nourishment habits. A Certified Holistic Health Counselor, Certified Yoga Teacher, Speaker, and Wellness Educator, her private practice offers assistance countrywide and internationally.

To receive tips and inspiration for healthful living and to learn more about Takeyah, visit http://www.CoreConnectionLifestyle.com, Twitter: @CoreConnection or "Core Connection Lifestyle" on Facebook