Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

The Black Mat® Pro is superb! I have never been disappointed by the Manduka mats I have used. I only teach or practice on a Manduka mat nowadays – it is my yoga buddy.

-Joseph Lee
Singapore

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Leslie Howard

Leslie Howard

Oakland, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: It doesn't matter what type of floor you are on when using Manduka mat. The stability and steadiness of the mat make you feel you are always on "terrafirma."

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice because it never gives up.

Yoga Style: Iyengar, Therapeutic

Practice with me here: Leslie Howard Yoga

Recent Updates

2010/11/06 - Yoga and The Pelvic Floor When:Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 1:00pm Where: Yoga Center Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA Read More
2010/12/04 - Demystifying Down There:The Female Pelvic Floor, a Workshop for Women When: Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 1:00pm Where: Yoga Toes, Point Reyes Station, CA Read More

Description/Bio

For over fifteen years and 2,500 hours of intensive study and teaching yoga, Leslie Howard has developed a unique specialty in working with men and women who have challenges in their hips. Leslie has discovered a profound way of using yoga poses to alleviate and eliminate discomfort through the deeper understanding of the pelvis.

Her pelvic floor work is a result of individual exploration and working with Susanne Kemmerer, Lizanne Pastore, Manouso Manos and Ramanand Patel. Leslie is an expert on the female pelvic floor muscles, teaching nationwide workshops including the Yoga Journal Conferences on pelvic health issues ranging from incontinence to painful intercourse.
She is also featured in an upcoming documentary “Yoga and Women."

Through media publisher Pranamaya, Leslie is currently featured in her latest online video class called “Yoga for Cranky Hips”, available at http://www.pranamaya.com/online-courses/yoga-for-cranky-hips.html.

For more complete details see Leslie's bio at:
http://www.pranamaya.com/teachers/leslie-howard