Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Stepping onto your Manduka is coming home to yourself. There are no distractions of slipping hands or sliding mats... just you, your Manduka, and the moment.

-Natalie Halt
Geneva, Switzerland

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Liza DiGaetano

Liza DiGaetano

San Diego, CA

Why Manduka?: My Black Mat PRO always stays in place and grips even in the most rigorous vinyasa inversion practice. It is the only mat that endures hours of practice without breaking down. It is simply the best yoga mat you can buy.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice floating.

Yoga Style: Power, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Kalya Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Liza DiGaetano is the founder of Garage Yoga, an invitation-only yoga experience that has gained a grassroots following among in-the-know San Diego yoga practitioners.

Liza’s unique teaching style incorporates both traditional and experimental sides of yoga: She practices the Ashtanga yoga system under the guidance of senior teacher Tim Miller, and has studied at length with both Sharath Ragaswamy and Rolf Naujokat in India. Less traditionally, Liza has been a student and member of Edward Clark’s Tripsichore Yoga Theatre, a London-based performance company known as the “Cirque de Soleil” of Yoga.

Liza has also extensively studied the sciences complimentary to physical yoga, including Ayurveda with Dr. Madan Kumar MD, (Professor at Pankaja Kasthuri Ayurveda Medical College) in Thrivandrum, India, Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis with Dr. Talveen Krishna (founder of IVAC Ayurveda Center) in Mysore, India, and pranayama with BNS Iyengar in Mysore, India.

Liza has taught teacher trainings, retreats and workshops throughout the United States and abroad. She believes in a strong, determined dedication to the practice accompanied by a good sense of humor. Her classes inspire students to playfully tap into their true strength and potential both on and off the mat.