Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice the unity of both strength and softness - both on and off the mat.

-Amy Landry
Newcastle, NSW

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Laura Defreitas

Laura Defreitas

Seattle, WA

Why Manduka?: The first time I ever stepped onto a Manduka mat I truly felt supported in my practice. Like someone was there with me guiding me through each and every pose. This is true for both their products and the company. I never get off of the phone with the company wondering if my needs were met. I feel supported as a wholesale buyer, a customer, and as a person. Thank you Manduka!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Laura Nidra Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Laura came to yoga after 15 years of disciplined gymnastic training. Yoga was the path into the body that revealed the relationship she had always sought through movement: the inseparable connection of mind, body and spirit. Since completing the Pacific Yoga Teacher Training in 2003 she has been heavily influenced by the Ashtanga and Universal Styles of Yoga. She specializes in Yoga Nidra, a systematic method of complete relaxation that works at the root of stress and allows the release of subconscious tensions and tendencies that prevent us from living to our full potential. Laura’s classes are best described as moving meditations.

Laura's is an independent yoga professional. Her practice, LauraNidra Yoga, is housed at Taj Yoga in Seattle where she teaches ongoing yoga classes of all levels, bi-monthly Yoga Nidra mediation and specialty workshops. Laura also leads international retreats and is available for private in-home or studio instruction.