Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice turning ordinary moments into extraordinary ones.

-Alanna Smith
Toronto, ON

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Peter Sterios

Peter Sterios

San Luis Obispo, CA

Why Manduka?: It is hard to imagine how far this company has come, since its humble beginnings in the garage of my home in San Luis Obispo. I am so grateful for all of the Manduka family who have supported this vision to get it to where it is today, creating the highest performance yoga products known worldwide.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice sustainability.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Peter Sterios

Recent Updates

2012/01/20 - Yoga Teacher Training and Advanced Studies Program with Peter Sterios in San Luis Obispo, CA. Main Module: January 20-29, 2012 Read More

Description/Bio

Peter Sterios is an internationally recognized yoga instructor, writer, and former contributing editor for Yoga Journal. His teaching reflects over 35 years of study and practice in the US and India. He lives and teaches in San Luis Obispo, California. His first yoga DVD "Gravity & Grace" was released in 2007, and was recognized in the “Top 15 Yoga Videos of all time” (R.Rosen, YOGA JOURNAL 2009). He is the founder and former CEO of Manduka, a leading eco yoga products company in Los Angeles, California. In April, 2011, he was one of 12 instructors to teach yoga at the White House for Michelle Obama's "Get Up and Go Initiative" to fight childhood obesity. Also, in 2011, Peter co-founded karmaNICA, a charitable organization to help build a school and playground for impoverished kids in Costa Sur, Nicaragua. For more information about Peter, visit www.petersterios.com.