Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice staying perfectly grounded, while unfolding into the full potential of the moment.

-Christina Valeska
Udenheim, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Alan Mileham

Alan Mileham

Calgary, Alberta

Why Manduka?: I still use my first Manduka Mat that I bought in 2001, it will outlive me!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Moksha, Power

Practice with me here: Yoga Passage , Moksha Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Alan grew up leading an athletic lifestyle, playing a wide variety of sports all through his school and university years.
In 1987 Alan became a Certified Fitness Instructor in Calgary, teaching a wide range of group exercise classes, including hi and low impact classes, step, and spin classes. Alan attended his first yoga class in the late 1990’s while he was a guest fitness instructor at Rancho La Puerto, from that point on he was hooked on Yoga.

Alan has been teaching Yoga since 2001. He is a Certified Yoga Instructor with Yoga Alliance, (E-RYT 500 Hours & RYT 500 Hours). He teaches a flowing style of yoga with influences of Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Yogafit. His teacher trainings include Yogafit 1, 2, 3, & 4, Ashtanga Teacher Practioner Level 1, and Ashtanga Teacher Instructor Level 2, at Yoga In Motion. Anusara Inspired 200 Hours, Certified Yoga For Golfers Instructor Level 1 and Level 2. Yoga Alliance with Hart Lazer/United Yoga Montreal 200 Hours. Yoga Alliance YYOGA 80 Hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training in Vancouver. Yoga Alliance 500 Hours Certified Moksha Yoga Instructor Level 1 in Toronto 2010. Alan recently completed Susi Hately’s Yoga Therapy Intensive in March 2012.

Alan continually attends many local and international yoga workshops. He has studied extensively with many senior yoga instructors, including Rockne White, David Williams, David Swenson, Mark Darby, Martin Kirk, Michael Stone, Desiree Rumbaugh, Ted Grand, Ramanand Patel, Susi Hatley, and his current teacher Hart Lazer.

Alan’s teaching philosophy is to flow with an awareness of alignment of the body and that all styles of yoga are beneficial, just find the one that radiates with you. Alan is known for his detailed level of instruction, sense of humour, and non-intimidating teaching style. Alan now teaches yoga full time, after retiring from the corporate world in October of 2011. When he’s not teaching or practicing yoga, he’s an avid golfer and member of Redwood Meadows Golf Club.

As of May 2012, Alan became a Moksha Yoga Peer Support Guide. The PSG Program is a way to help and support new teacher trainees throughout their first year of teaching by an acknowledged senior Moksha Yoga Teacher. This program is a solid and unique offering of the Moksha Yoga Teacher Training.