Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat is my home. Wherever I go, I'm home.

-Anja Brenko
Slovenia, EU

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Ricky Tran

Ricky Tran

Carrollton, TX

Why Manduka?: Manduka makes the best yoga gear.. PERIOD!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me with confidence!

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Ricky Tran Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Ricky Tran's life is a remarkable cross-cultural story of survival, reinvention and the transformational power of yoga. Ricky immigrated to America in 1980, and after earning a business degree, he floated from job to job until he found himself on a downward spiral with addiction. Searching for change, he found a local yoga studio and committed to uninterrupted practice. In a few short years, Ricky transformed his body, mind and ultimately his life. Now, he is fully dedicated to sharing the path of yoga with the world!

Ricky completed a certification in Vinyasa Krama by Srivatsa Ramaswami at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA. Ramaswami is the longest standing student of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya outside his immediate family. Krishnamacharya's list of notable students includes TKV Desikachar, K Pattabhi Jois and BKS Iyengar. Other teachers with whom he has studied include David Williams, David Swenson and Sri Dharma Mittra.