Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka is my magic carpet, it allows me to go to places I never thought possible in my practice.

-Rosie Acosta
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sammi Nguyen

Sammi Nguyen

Boston, MA

Why Manduka?: You know it's tough when it can withstand hundreds of practice and look and feel as if it were your first practice every time.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice living with intention.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Boston Sports Club

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

As an avid runner, I was initially skeptical of yoga thinking that it would be “too easy”, and I was under the misconception that since majority of the class was conducted on a mat, it must all comprise of stretching and lying down. I was first introduced to yoga at a gym without realizing the true benefits of it, and after my first class, I was hooked. I came to realize how yoga complemented my workout regime and allowed me to carry the teachings of peace, intention, and surrender on the mat, into the real world, and throughout my life.

I went on to obtain my yoga teacher training certification with Shiva Rea in the Prana Vinyasa style at the Sumadra Global School of Living Yoga. For now, I teach at a gym, because that was where I was introduced to yoga. Like many people, I was afraid to try something new, and the gym was a convenient and risk-free environment to “test” what yoga was all about. I hope to inspire others into yoga and share my passion to everyone I cross paths with. My commitment to our practice is to always be prepared, enthusiastic, genuine, motivating, and inspiring as I continue to learn and explore the many benefits of yoga. I invite you to join this journey with me…