Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice discipline. My mat stands in the corner of my living room, reminding me that a daily practice is all I need.

-Nele Van Poucke
Antwerp, Belgium

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Joan Stevens

Joan Stevens

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: On Manduka, I am transported to the present moment. It is a magic carpet that takes away all the cares of the day and gives me the present. Now.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice ________ (please fill in the blank): possibility

Yoga Style: Anusara® yoga, Yoga TuneUp®

Practice with me here: Mission Street Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Joan Stevens is humbled and awed by the power of yoga! Since her first class in college she continues to explore new possibilities in mind-body awareness with her practice. She brings an insatiable curiousity about anatomy and how our consciousness and habitual patterns affect our well being to her teaching. Joan has completed YogaWorks, Anusara, and Yoga Tune up teacher training programs. She brings all that plus a wide variety of other influences (pilates, belly dancing, barefoot running) to her classes. Through her job teaching high school science, she has a rich palette of human experiences to draw from to create a meaningful context for each class. Another of her passions is permaculture and sustainable design. She is continually delighted at how green living and yoga overlap!