Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka products have stood the march of time, seeing me through countless practices, classes and workshops, like good friends helping me each step at a time. That the company is as committed to providing the community with the highest quality materials as it is to the environment makes them one I am happy to support.

-Angela Tomassetti
Chicago, IL

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jim Mettes

Jim Mettes

St. Louis, MO

Why Manduka?: I have owned a variety of mats but only Manduka is the real deal. If you are really serious about your practice then Manduka is for you. When asked I always recommend the best, I always recommend Manduka.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Black Pro helps me practice because it doesn't deteriorate like most mats causing unsteady footing. Most mats I've had over the years have eventually, usually after a year of regular use, begun to show tracks and general began to just fall apart. My Manduka doesn't do that.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Bella Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Jim was originally introduced to yoga in the early 1990’s, working in industry and as a fitness instructor at a local YMCA where another instructor talked about trying yoga. After studying and learning the basics he got hooked and has maintained a practice.

After finishing a career in industry Jim decided to take his yoga to another level, he went through an intensive 200 hour teacher training program and became a Yoga Alliance (RYT) registered yoga teacher.

In his desire to bring yoga to the masses Jim teaches at several local centers. After becoming an RYT Jim began teaching at Bella-Yoga in St. Louis.

Jim’s style is a combination of the many instructors he has had the privilege of studying under. With a lightness of approach and a respect for the body’s wisdom Jim encourages a sense of inner well being. Beginners and advanced students alike are given the opportunity to deepen their practice as well as increase flexibility and strength.