Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice sustainability.

-Peter Sterios
San Luis Obispo, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Kishan Shah

Kishan Shah

Santa Monica, CA

Why Manduka?: I've always considered The Black Mat® PRO to be eKO™ Mat , considering you'll only ever have to buy one...now that's sustainable!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Exhale Center for Sacred Movement

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Kishan's passion for learning has taken him to India many times studying with several Master Teachers. He has completed teacher trainings in the Himalayas with Swami Govindananda at the Sivananda Yoga & Vedanta Ashram, Advanced Vinyasa Studies Program with Shiva Rea at Sacred Movement, and several months of study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, India as well as Lino Miele in Kovalum, India.

Kishan is now living, breathing, and learning in Santa Monica, CA finishing a Clinical Doctorate degree in Ayurvedic Holistic Medicine. He teaches Vinyasa Flow Yoga at Exhale Center for Sacred Movement in Venice, CA and is also an adjunct professor at UCLA in the Dept. of World Arts & Cultures teaching philosophy, culture, and practice of Yoga.

Kishan's Vinyasa Flow Yoga classes focus on the cultivation of Prana Shakti through breath work and Vinyasa Krama, or sequencing of asanas. They are a dynamic synthesis of solar & lunar energetics providing for a challenging and empowering practice. His intention to seamlessly integrate the sister sciences of Ayurveda and Hatha Yoga provides for a unique class with a holistic approach to the mind, body, and spirit.