Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice staying centered. When I step onto my mat, I feel more connected and grounded.

-Amy Rose
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jeanne Heileman

Jeanne Heileman

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: Manduka is the one company that still is interested in quality and simplicity. One good mat that lasts a lifetime. That's all you need.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka Mat helps me practice STIRUM SUKHAM ASANAM. The quality of the mat guarantees that I will not slide or squish around in standing poses, arm balances or any inversion that I do. It's easier to apply STABILITY to my inner world when my outer form is safe and solid. My mat has a small amount of solid padding so that I'm COMFORTABLE in poses on my belly, knees or any other sensitive area. I can then start to apply that outer comfort to the inner mind and heart. My Manduka Mat helps me practice ASANA, and Asana helps me practice being a Yogi from the heart.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Tantra

Practice with me here: Yoga Works

Recent Updates

2011/03/09 - TAPAS: Heat that Makes You Shine. A Tantric Training When: March 12, 2011; 1:30pm-5:30pm Where: YogaWorks, Center For Yoga Read More

Description/Bio

Jeanne Heileman has been practicing yoga for over 24 years and has been teaching for over 13 years. She was first introduced to yoga while studying at the American Conservatory of Theatre in San Francisco in 1985. She fell in love with yoga and kept practicing while acting took her to London, Chicago, Colorado and Los Angeles, where she now resides.

After completing her first teacher training at Los Angeles’ Center for Yoga in 1996 she began teaching right away. In 2000 Jeanne met Rod Stryker, and began training in his ParaYoga program. Initiated into the Tantric lineage of Sri Vidya, she continues to study with Rod and assists him in his workshops. Jeanne also studied with Lisa Walford, taking YogaWorks’ teacher training, where she was invited to join their Teacher Training Faculty. She has traveled to India twice, studying Tantra with Rod’s teacher, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, and studying asana & Ayurveda with Shiva Rea. Jeanne has been blessed to study closely with Desiree Rumbaugh, John Friend, Erich Shiffman, Kofi Busia, Tias Little, Judith Lasater, Gary Kraftsow, Suddha Weixler.

She has found a union in blending these styles and philosophies with those of her current teachers. For three years she served on the faculty as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern California, teaching yoga in the School of Theatre. A member of the Yoga Works Teacher Training Faculty, she teaches trainings nationwide, teaches Subtle Body and Ayurveda content for accompanying trainings, and serves as a Mentor/Teacher in the 300 Hour Professional Program. A senior ParaYoga teacher, she teaches workshops around Los Angeles and the country. Jeanne is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the E-500 Level.