Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

The Black Mat® Pro is superb! I have never been disappointed by the Manduka mats I have used. I only teach or practice on a Manduka mat nowadays – it is my yoga buddy.

-Joseph Lee
Singapore

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Charlie Samos

Charlie Samos

Santa Monica, CA

Why Manduka?: A mat should last, it is that simple. It is not only an environmental issue, it is also metaphorical. Your asana practice should take care of your body and soul, and last a lifetime. A Manduka mat helps support the whole process. One soul, One body, One mat.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice conscientiously and consistently. My mat was an environmental choice that will endure the steadfast of my practice.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Yoga Works , Yogis Anonymous

Recent Updates

2010/09/21 - First Annual Rockin Ranch Yoga Retreat. When: September 21-26, 2010. Where: Tucson, Arizona. Read More

Description/Bio

After years of competitive sports and physical training, Charlie took his first yoga class in 1995, hoping to increase his flexibility and balance. What he found was both a passion and a practice, where he could create strength and experience physical and psycho-spiritual openness in a serene, non-competitive environment. For over a decade Charlie practiced and studied variously under Maty Ezraty, Lisa Walford, Heather Duplex, and Julie Kleinman. He began teaching in 2005, emphasizing (though not limited to) Ashtanga and Iyengar methods. His teaching style focuses on mindfulness and presence, attention to breath, alignment, and movement/flow, all leading to stillness. As his many students will attest, Charlie has a natural talent to create a peaceful environment where ego release, mental calmness and emotional openness naturally lead to self-acceptance and growth. When Charlie is not in the yoga studio, you'll find him rock climbing, hiking, and mountain uni-cycling.