Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

“On Manduka” a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

-Wendy Nations
Memphis, TN

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sarah Powers

Sarah Powers

San Anselmo, CA

Why Manduka?: My yoga room is a lovely sanctuary but has thick carpet so the only way I can do an alignment based practice safely at home is on a Manduka mat. I have used it for years and love it!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Yoga

Practice with me here: Deer Run Zendo

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Sarah has been teaching Yoga since in 1987. She leads workshops, trainings and silent retreats internationally that interweave the insights and practices of Yoga and Buddhism into an integral practice to enliven the body, heart and mind. Her yoga style blends both a meditative Yin sequence of long held poses to enhance the meridian and organ systems, combined with a flow or Yang practice, influenced by Viniyoga, Ashtanga, and Iyengar yoga. She draws from her studies in Transpersonal Psychology, as well as her in-depth training in the Vipassana, Tantric and Dzogchen practices of Buddhism. In 2007 she co-founded Metta Journeys, a service oriented organization that offers yoga retreats internationally to help women and children in developing countries. She is author of Insight Yoga: An Innovative synthesis of Yoga, Meditation and Eastern Approaches to healing and well being. She lives with her husband Ty in Marin, California. To learn more about her see her Dvds Insight Yoga or Yin and Vinyasa and go to.