Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat traveled around the world with me from Fiji to New Zealand, Bali, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Iceland and the East Coast before following me to my hometown of Seattle. It didn't matter where I went, when I rolled out my mat to practice I felt like I was home.

-Kaitlyn McConnell
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Brynn Rybacek

Brynn Rybacek

Huntington Beach, CA

Why Manduka?: For the past 8 years, my Manduka Black Mat has traveled all over the world with me, keeping me grounded, both literally and figuratively. There is no other mat like it; it is simply the best. Once you go Black, you never go back!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice...... faith and acceptance. Practicing and teaching yoga serves as a daily reminder to me that I am already okay, just as I am. Faith is the awareness that there is nothing I need to prove, nowhere else I need to be, nothing I need to change. I am already completely and wholly okay. Acceptance is the acknowledgment that whatever happens is for my highest good. The more that I trust in this and act accordingly, the more my life rewards me with abundance and opportunity.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: TrueFlowYoga

Recent Updates

2012/08/29 - Join Brynn for an Arm Balances workshop on Sunday, September 9th from 2-4pm (min. 1 yr of yoga experience required) in Newport Beach, CA! Read More
2012/08/29 - Join Brynn for an Inversions workshop on Sunday, September 23rd from 2-4pm (min. 1 yr of yoga experience required) in Newport Beach, CA! Read More

Description/Bio

Brynn has been a lover of yoga since the age of 11 and as a 15-year practitioner of yoga, she has studied with masters from many yogic traditions. A Registered Yoga Teacher since 2001 (under the tutelage of Karin O’Bannon at Yoga Works) she graduated Summa Cum Laude from Chapman University, where she explored psychology, social consciousness, philosophy and religious studies. Brynn’s continuing education includes post-graduate studies in biology, chemistry, anatomy, and physics to further her understanding of the human body. With over 8 years of teaching experience, she has come to find a voice and style that synthesizes her interests in anatomical precision, philosophical eloquence and spiritual curiosity.
Brynn teaches an innovative blend of traditional yogic disciplines combined into unique and vigorous vinyasa flow sequences focused on synchronizing breath with movement. With equal attention is given to strengthening and stretching, her classes prime the body to become balanced, toned, supple, and free from injury. Guided into ease, practitioners in her classes challenge their boundaries and leave with a renewed feeling of invigoration and awareness.

In addition to her weekly classes at Yoga Shakti, Equinox, and the Sports Club, Brynn gives private lessons, designs and teaches 200 hour yoga teacher trainings through her fully-accredited school TrueFlowYoga and also leads yoga retreats all over the world. Brynn deeply believes in the personal benefits of yoga, but also holds that the true purpose of yoga is to make the world better by bringing more consciousness and compassion into it, one yogi at a time. To help students bring their practices off their mats, Brynn posts monthly inspirational writings and musical playlists on her website (www.trueflowyoga.com).