Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat traveled around the world with me from Fiji to New Zealand, Bali, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Iceland and the East Coast before following me to my hometown of Seattle. It didn't matter where I went, when I rolled out my mat to practice I felt like I was home.

-Kaitlyn McConnell
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Scarlett Taylor

Scarlett Taylor

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: Manduka mat is the only mat I can use to feel centered, free, and grounded in my yoga practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me to practice joy.

Yoga Style: Forrest Yoga

Practice with me here: Hot8yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Scarlett has been practicing and teaching yoga for the last 13 years. In 2001, she completed her certification with Ana Forrest, a world renowned yoga instructor. Scarlett uses intense pose sequences, taught with compassion, to help students grow skills in awakening each of the senses. Her instruction has an approach that brings a sensation of aliveness into the body, by using breath to fuel an enthusiasm for living.

Scarlett encourages a lighthearted classroom environment, a sense of playfulness, and joy as students work hard to unravel the body, strengthen and lengthen muscles, and turn the disordered mind into a place of peace.

When Scarlett is not in Los Angeles teaching group and private classes, she travels to various retreat getaways or private homes in different parts of the world including Mexico, Hawaii, Panama, Costa Rica, and The West Indies. Since 2005, her greatest pleasure has been to seasonally instruct yoga at Bikini Boot Camp at Amansala in Tulum, Mexico where she was once the resident yogini.