Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

On my Manduka, no matter where in the world I am, I’m home.

-Sara Volkell
Sacramento, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sherry Sidoti

Sherry Sidoti

Martha's Vineyard, MA

Why Manduka?: We show up on the mat as self-study. The mat reflects back to us a clear image of ourselves; never judging, always honest, and accepting of who we are each time we arrive there. Manduka is my mat, and has become a trusted friend.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice reaching out as much as reaching in. I have two Manduka mats in the back of my car always. Lately I've been in the habit of practicing out in nature, and I often choose a public park, the beach or somewhere where there are others and bring both Manduka mats with me. Almost always, and it is usually a child, someone will approach me as I practice, and I invite her/him to join me- and since the mat is already set up for another, voila... Community is created.

Yoga Style: FLY Yoga

Practice with me here: Fly Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Sherry is particularly drawn to the transformation and rest that is experienced through yoga - the "play" within the body; to use breath and movement to get to know herSelf and her divine nature better; and to purify the body and mind so that true spirit has a place to be at home. Sherry is humbled by the process of unfolding-peeling through layers- and is stricken by the sweet power of quiet mind and seat. Sherry says, "It is pure joy to take part of others' transformations- to create and feel Sangha- to feel clarity, compassion, discovery, energy and growth unfold in people, to share laughter and song and community and reach new heights with a group during classes".
Sherry is inspired by and so grateful for her teacher, Saul David Raye, with whom she is certified in Holistic Atma Yoga, celebrating the whole of yoga through the Tantra tradition. Additionally, she is certified in Advanced Studies with Ana Forrest, and obtained her initial Vinyasa YTT with Jonathan Fields & Lauren Hanna. Sherry is a labor doula with DONA International and certified in Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga with Gurmukh. She is grateful for studies with Pradeep Teotia, Swami Nirmalananda Saraswati, Jasmine Tarkeshi and Dana Flynn, Shiva Rea, and many other amazing teachers.