Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Five years so far on the PROlite™, and I am going strong! This is my mat for life.

-Michelle Jacobi
Paris, France

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Gina Shelton

Gina Shelton

Venice, CA

Why Manduka?: I love my Manduka eKO mat - saving the planet & my knees!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice grace.

Yoga Style: Yoga Therapy

Practice with me here: Beyond Physical Therapy

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Growing up, Gina played a variety of sports that provided a preliminary level of body awareness. Discovering yoga ten years ago expanded that consciousness, not only of body but of spirit as well. Her yoga practice has activated an inner strength and happiness through which she has come to view herself and the world more compassionately.

Gina began teacher-training and teaching in Dallas nine years ago. In 2003, she moved to LA and began training and assisting under Shiva Rea. After earning her 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification in 2005, Gina began teaching yoga to physical therapy patients, which led her to become a certified yoga therapist in 2009. She is currently in the second year of the Loyola Marymount University Yoga Therapy RX program, working towards her 500-hour certification.

Gina’s teaching blends her creative vinyasa flow training with healing yoga therapy techniques for a unique gentle flow yoga that helps students to be fully present and find health and balance in their lives.